Please refer to the "**Important information about applying online**" section on the "APPLY ONLINE" tab, before completing an application.
Here are some of the key things to know about the hiring process at Pueblo Community College.
Applying for Jobs
- You'll need to apply specifically for each position you are interested in. We do not keep resumes on file for future openings.You can set up a job agent to download your resume to, but, this will require you to also set up a profile. Additionally, the job agent can notify you of jobs which match your skill set. Click here to create a job agent or use the tools below to browse or search out listings, and submit your interest online. If you already have a job agent set up, you can login to update you current job agent(s).
- You must complete a separate application packet for each position for which you want to apply.
Prior employment with the Colorado Community College System or Pueblo Community College
Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information on your application and may not be eligible for consideration.
Following Application Directions
- It is very important you read job announcements closely. Gear your application materials toward the position for which you are applying. We recommend you do not use generic documentation to apply for different positions.
- Follow the directions on how to apply, per the job announcement. The application process may not be the same for all positions.
- Please review job requirements carefully. If you do not meet minimum requirements of a position, your application packet will be rejected.
What Happens Once You Apply
- Incomplete application packets will not go to the next round of the hiring process. Only completed packets will move forward for screening.
- All complete application packets are reviewed for minimum requirements after the closing date of the position.
- Application packets from all applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position will be forwarded to the selection committee to be reviewed and scored against predetermined criteria. Then the committee will determine which candidates to interview.
- Some positions may require you to go through an exam phase before your interview. (The state personnel system as defined by the Colorado Constitution requires all jobs, within the classified system, be filled through competitive tests for merit and fitness.)
- Depending on the job you are applying for, there may be more specific steps to follow (as required by the state of Colorado's hiring process.)
- Interviews can be conducted in person or via telephone, depending on various circumstances.
- All faculty candidates are required to provide a teaching presentation at their interview.
- We notify all applicants, via email, once the search is complete and the position has been filled.
- Applicants are welcome to e-mail us for a status update at PCC, Jobs or Jobs.PCC@pueblocc.edu.
After the Interview
- Typically, we conduct professional reference checks after doing interviews.
- For all positions requiring a degree, hired candidates must provide official transcripts within 45 days of hire.
Find answers to all your frequently asked questions below.
(168 out of 376 people found this FAQ helpful)
(184 out of 572 people found this FAQ helpful)