Our Mission, Vision, Values, Purpose, and Promise
To provide quality educational opportunities that transform the lives of our students, enrich our communities, and strengthen the regional economy.
Pueblo Community College will be nationally recognized as a premier educational leader and partner committed to providing pathways to higher education, relevant rewarding careers, and personal growth opportunities.
- Respect for People: Above all, we strive to create a safe, caring, and supportive environment conducive to the success and well-being of students, faculty and staff. We welcome diversity of backgrounds and opinions, recognize individual talents, encourage personal and professional growth, celebrate accomplishments, and honor institutional traditions.
- Affordability: We believe that all individuals deserve opportunities to reach their full potential through affordable education and training. As an open-access public institution, PCC strives to be the school of choice for all individuals pursuing postsecondary education.
- Lifelong Learning: We value and promote lifelong learning for students, faculty, and staff. We strive to create a student-centered learning environment that cultivates critical and creative thinking, problem solving, intellectual inquiry, and global awareness. Through continuing development, we expect faculty and staff to be productive workers, responsible decision-makers, and servant leaders. We believe that learning should occur at the organizational level through knowledge sharing and effective communication.
- Integrity, Responsibility, and Accountability: We are collectively committed to advancing our mission ethically and responsibly to earn and preserve the trust of our constituents. We value fair and equitable treatment, participatory decisionmaking, and transparent resource management. We strive to develop an organizational culture that expects high performance and accountability for behaviors, actions and results in a collaborative spirit.
- Excellence: We embrace continuous quality improvement and innovation in all areas of the college. Faculty and staff strive to offer high quality programs and services that respond to the needs of the communities we serve and prepare students for successful careers in an increasingly diverse, global, and technology-driven workplace.
- Teamwork: We believe that cooperative relationships are critical to the vitality and longterm success of our institution. We strategically pursue mutually beneficial partnerships with institutions and organizations to help students learn and advance other institutional priorities. Internally, active collaboration within and between departments and operational areas is encouraged. We believe in the importance of nurturing student-to-student and student-to-faculty/staff interactions as a means of promoting student success.
- Prepare students for entry into the workforce, career advancement, or career change through certificate and associate degree programs
- Prepare students for transfer to baccalaureate institutions by providing transfer degrees, courses, and services
- Provide opportunities to develop and continually update job skills to meet the demands of a technological and global economy
- Provide programs and experiences that foster individual and professional development
- Prepare students for entry-level college courses
- Provide comprehensive services to support the educational experience of a diverse student population
- Deliver instruction through traditional, alternative, and distance learning methods
- Provide a quality learning environment supported by teaching excellence and freedom of inquiry
- Support the economic development of the community through business initiatives and partnerships
- Contribute to the community by participating in civic and professional activities
- To Always recognize and greet you with a smile.
- To listen to you.
- To respond to your needs.
- To respect and value you.
- To celebrate your accomplishments and successes.